Monday, June 18, 2007

My Weekend

Happy Monday Blogger Fam! How was everybody weekend? Good? Great! Let me tell you 'bout mine....it sucked.

No I will not end there.

Friday I got all excited because I was presented with all the makings of a good weekend. I had a little extra money left over from my meager little paycheck, I had new wedges that were itching to be broken in, I had a fresh new weave (I kept the spiral deep), and the weather decided it was going to sunny and hot. I was ready!!!The plan was to for us to hit up this "hot" bar in Bethesda (and yes I know that such a thing doesn’t exist in Bethesda but I was wishfully thinking). The bar was promoting an all you can drink for $10 deal and an old high school friend was supposed to be emceeing so I went against my better judgment and went. Now the night’s downfall came when we discovered that the $10 deal was only during 8-10pm. Time constrictions mean nothing to my hood ass friends, so we arrived there well after ten due to three ensemble changes, a pit stop for some salt and vinegar chips, one more stop at the atm, and then a run through the McDonalds drive-thru. When we get to the bar I almost burst into tears because there were literally 17 people in there. 9 I knew from high school. 5 were over the age of 40, and the other 3 people came with me. Then the DJ had the nerve, the audacity, to play The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song after a hour of bad top 40 pop songs! The only break my ears received was when he decided to play my new favorite song “Wipe Me Down” (don’t judge me). So now I'm pissed because my beautiful and revealing halter top, my new wedges, and new weave are wasted on this DUMP! I have to listen to songs that aren't even songs and I don't even get free liquor!!! Then one of my friends from high school starts making out with my cheek and whispering sweet, incoherent nothings into my ear. Sadly this was the only highlight of the evening (and the most action I've received all year). One of the friends I came with doesn't want to leave because she's flirting it up with the wack DJ, the other one is chain smoking and downing free beers bought for her by our emceeing friend, and the other was busy pop, lock, and dropping it on top of the bar for the five 40 year olds. So I had no choice but to listen to bad top 40 songs, drink weak ass drinks, and enjoy the sweet kisses my face was recieving until 3 am.

The rest of my weekend went something like this:

Saturday: Woke up showered did nothing

Sunday: Woke up (missed church), called dad, did nothing.

Now here I am on Monday bitter about my sucky ass weekend. Next week just has to be better!

3 comments:

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

dang girl that sucks. Well the good news is that you can def wear that outfit again soon since only 17 people - 14 of which you prob won't see at a different spot- saw you in it!

*B* Fab said...

i don't judge u on your new fav song LOL! i find myself sanging, "shoulders, chest, pants, shoes" LOL a little too much! hahahahah! but sorry your weekend sucked :-( July 4th is coming up so that's going to be a fgood weekend to go allll out!

Dondasaurus Rex said...

oh definetely july 4th i want to do it big. I'm trying to go to miami we'll see if my pockets agree with that idea!