Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Reason # 632 I Love My Mama

Many, many moons ago, on my way to beginners pole dancing I was pulled over and ticketed on a bogus charge. I did nothing illegal but the stupid cop behind me decided to run my tags just for fun! He then discovers that my car was overdue for its emissions test and hands me a whopping $140 ticket!!! I wasn't even given a warning or a firm finger wagging, just an expensive, unnecessary ticket. I was pissed off, rightfully so, and I vowed to go to court and fight that damn ticket with every fiber of my being. The court date comes around and for some stupid reason I didn't go. I decided not to let my rage over the ticket destroy me. So I placed the notice on the kitchen counter and said I’ll pay it later. Only problem with that is that I'm poor. My sweet mother finds the ticket and missed court date on the kitchen counter and proceeds to curse my dumb ass out. She yells that I'm going to be arrested and sent to jail for failure to appear in court. She also tells me that there is probably a warrant out for my arrest already. This leaves me shaking in my boots because I'm simply too cute for the big house. She tells me to calm down that she will pay the ticket and I will simply pay her back when I get the money. That kind gesture is not reason # 632 why I love my mom. I love my mom because I know that she knows in her deepest of heart that she will never see that $140 again.

God Bless that selfless woman!

No comments: