Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Crazy Me

In a fit of rage I took some scissors to my head and started snipping at my hair. It was exhilarting but really, really stupid. As yall know (or may not know) I've been trying to go natural. I'm about five months into the transformation but the majority of my hair is still relaxed. I didn't like the two competeing textures so I just started cutting away at the permed hair. I cut like a madwoman with no form or direction so my hair ended up uneven. My sister got home and cursed me out for lack of forsight. She ended up cutting all of the relaxer in my hair so now I'm an official afrobella=) I was rocking the teenie weenie fro, but that didnt' last too long because it put my huge head on blast. My vanity made me call out from work on Monday so that I had time to get some emergency tracks put in. Don't worry though, I'm working on my issues. I've been listening to India Arie's "I Am Not My Hair" repeatedly and hopefully will be wearing my natural in the near future.

2 comments:

*B* Fab said...

you are better than me girl! I went "natural" last summer b/c it was hot as hell and i got tired of blow drying, straightening etc. but then I was mad at my pics b/c my hair was all over the place LOL! I have issues. I like when I have taken the flat iron and curling iron to it lol I know, I know so sad :-(

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

awww. I've never had to go through the transition since I've never had a relaxer. I still get the urge to cut my hair off though LOL. Some mornings I think it's the devil. 90% of the time though I think I would die if my hair was any other way. You and your hair will have to redevelop your relationship now if you know what I mean. It's so different from what you have grown used to managing. Now you're in for a challenge but I'm sure it will get better!

And even though I've never had a relaxer I still struggle with feeling sexy and beautiful with my hair the way it is. I'm learning to embrace more natural styles other than a ponytail 'poof.'

A girlfriend of mine just recently told me she's transitioning too. Through talking to her, if I ever have any advice or insight from her I will def. share!

btw, Afrobella mentioned today that she is going to do a post about feeling sexy with your fro. I know i'll b reading that one!