Monday, July 16, 2007

Happy Monday Folks!

This post won't be too long because I only have 20 minutes before Big Love starts.

I just wanted to talk about my weekend. It was pretty good although I'm sure that my friend practiced extremely bad birthday girl decorum. On Friday I didn't go out but that didn't stop me from having loads of fun. I was home with my lil sissy and her BFF and we had some major girl talk. They sorta look up to me and were naive enough to ask me for some advice on boys. The poor girls didn't know that I am practically as clueless as they are, but I tried my best. We had a major calorie fest, which I had to make up for this morning at the gym, but it was totally worth it because nothing beats red velvet cupcakes and ginger ale. NOTHING...I challange you to find something that does.

Saturday I went out to the city for my friends birthday. The plan was to go to this Japenese/Mexican fusion spot called Zengos*and then head on down to Lucky Strikes for bowling and drinks. Dinner was great despite the high price tag and everyone was enjoying themselves so far. After dinner is where we ran into a little snag. The birthday girl decides that since she's the birthday girl she will valet park her 98 Honda Civic. That was a very stupid idea, because as soon as the valet pulled up her busted Civic it broke down in front of the ultra trendy restuarant. I became extremely mortified after her cousin pulled up her rickety Corolla and tried to jump the Civic. Needless to say we caused scene and drew a crowd. The only highlight of the ordeal was that I snagged the number of a very attractive onlooker;) The Civic was never revived and we ended up having to tow it away. So the birthday girl was out $160 towing fee as well as a $12 valet fee. Our troubles were forgotten after we made it to lucky strikes and drowned our sorrows in jolly rancher cocktails. The music was bumping and I had a great time even though I lost twice.

Sunday I woke up sans hangover and took myself to church. The dance ministry performed so well that it drove me and half the church to tears. I had a super big brunch compliments of middle sissy and got to watch the Roots marathon on TVOne. I didn't really do anything wild and crazy this weekend but it was the best I've had in awhile. I think sometimes I tend to underestimate how much fun I can have with old girlfriends or with my little sisters. Okay thats all the opening sequence has began!

*I feel like a complete loser because I'm the only person in blogger land who doesn't know how to link to places. I'd greatly appreciate some lessons in the comment section. Hopefully its not as hard as it seems.

4 comments:

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

Haha, I've only ever had velvet cupcakes once before. But they weren't that great. Where do you get yours? And I disagree with the ginger ale bit. If I'm going to waste calories on a soda it'd better be a Coke!

I'm a little sister (youngest of 5) and I'm a bit disturbed to think that maybe they were feeling like you when they gave out advice!! lol

Your weekend sounded fabulous. Which church do you go to (DC area right?)

And as far as the linking goes, email me (in my profile) and I'll explain what I do. It's simple so don't fret!

Tom_Gurl said...

Sounds like you had a really good weekend!!!

Being from the UK, I don't have a CLUE what velvet cupcakes are...but as they're cakes, I don't doubt they're good!

Dondasaurus Rex said...

what is wrong with you gals? red velvet cupcakes are only the best tasting cupcakes one can find! i make them myself usually so maybe i'm bias!

*B* Fab said...

"red velvet cupcakes and ginger ale"

I want some red velvet cake! I have been to two church homecoming services over the past 2 weeks, IN THE COUNTRY, and not one red velvet NOTHING has shown up LOL! now I won't eat all that fried chicken and mac and cheese and corn puddin and white rolls, nope! I will stave off until the home made pound cakes or red velvet cakes LOL!
so, do tell and give me your recipe so I can pass it to someone who knows how to bake LOL!!!

p.s. sounds like u had a fun weekend!!