Sunday, July 8, 2007

No We Can Not Hang Out on July 11th, and Most Certainly Not on the 21rst!

I would apologize for the extremely long and hostile title but I feel that I shouldn't have to. My anger is not directed towards you blogger friends (that would be silly since I only have like 7 of yall) but it is directed towards the my silly real life friends who insist on planning social activities on the most important days of the summer. For those of you losers* who don't know the 11th is when the newest Harry Potter movie comes out, and ten blessed days later is when the new Harry Potter book comes out. My insensitive friends who usually NEVER want to do ANYTHING all of sudden want to do these fun things. On Wednesday everybody wants to skip work and drive up to the amusement rides for hours of roller coasters and funnel cake. This is something that I would ususally rush to do because I haven't been on a roller coaster in three years due to a very tragic medical condition=( Also I love taking silly pictures with people in character suits, but really who doesn't. Then, to add insult to injury, my cousin and my sisters all want to go to the beach on the 21rst. Don't they know the single most important gift to literature is arriving that day? I swear they are some selfish gals. In order to appease my need for the Potter and have fun with my friends I think that I will go to the amusement park on Wednesday and go to a late show. Seeing as how I have that very special gift the movie will most likely start as soon as I show up. Then on the 21rst I will tell my friends to leave me alone in the sun for 8 hours while they frolick in the water so that I can devote my undivided attention to Deathly Hallows. They are SO lucky that I am SO smart or they would be Narcist free those dates!

*By loser I obviously mean not as obsessed as me. It is clear that my readers are a cool bunch of folk. Please don't be offended.

6 comments:

1969 said...

Speaking as someone who has already Pre-ordered the book and is anxiously awaiting it's arrival....I feel ya!

Now that I know you read Harry Potter and you are feeling Van Hunt.....you know we are practically sisters!

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

LOL ur great.

You would hate me forever if I only told you that I had no idea about these important dates nor the intention of planning to immediately see the movie or buy the book. shooot. I still have to read the last one... and the one before that

uh oh
Please don't hurt me!

Dondasaurus Rex said...

oh mademoiselle! how could you? you truly don't know what your missing, let your inner geek shine!

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

haha. Well maybe I'll start by reading all of them this summer while here. I don't even remember much about the first two I read. That was since junior high!

I'm signing up for the library on saturday. I'll let you know how my quest goes :)

Elle* said...

I feel you! I'm turning off my phone for about 3 days when the book arrives. I checked my Amazon.com account, and my book, which has been ordered since February (yea, I know, I'm a beast!) has already begun to be processed! WHOOO!!!

Dondasaurus Rex said...

elle you are truly an example to live by i hope you rub off some on madmoiselle. Happy reading!