Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Junior High Fashion Confessions

Winona over at daddylikey.blogspot.com has come up with a genius and hilarious new contest. The contest allows one to relive horrific fashion choices from junior high as well as judge others for their even worse fashion sense. The winner will recieve a junior high flashback gift package that includes: a bottle of Revlon's Charlie perfume, Bonne Bell chapstick, a Boyz II Men cd, and much more! You know you can't resist a prize package like that so go over to her blog and join in on the fun!

Here's mine:
Forgive me Karl Lagerfield for I have sinned. It has been 10 months* since my last confession...

In an effort to appear more sophisticated, in the eight grade, I ditched my coke bottle glasses (even though I couldn't see shit), traded my "brandy" braids for an "aaliyah" swoop, and started wearing dresses and skirts.

My favorite outfit that year was a faux silk blouse, underneath a burgundy corduroy jumper, which I paired with opaque burgundy tights and black mary janes that were polished at the beginning and end of each day. When I wore this outfit I thought I was FLY!

So fly that I wore it on picture day, two eighth grade dances, at least once a month to church (even though it was kinda short) and to a bar mitzvah in May (where I almost fainted due to the heat).

I finally stopped wearing the outfit but only because my mother donated the jumper to the salvation army and the shoes no longer fit. I will however, swear on a stack of Chanel suits that I would wear that outfit again if it gave me the same confidence I had in the eighth grade.

*I made up 10 months, I was raised Baptist so I've never confessed anything in my life=)

Editors Note
The brandy and aaliyah were in quotes because my hair was no where near as put together as theirs.

5 comments:

Emma said...

Lovely and hilarious blog. Exchange links?

Coko Mulan said...

LOL!!! Let's SEEEEEE the pix...


lord knows i don't wanna show what I was wearing in eighth grade..

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

oh man, on a stack of Chanel suits? thas sumthin SERIOUS! lol ur hilarious girl

Dondasaurus Rex said...

I wish I had pics but they have all been lost during many of my travels. The only remaining pic of me in this outfit is located at Neelsville Middle School in the photo directory of 1998

WendyB said...

I love that you enjoyed the hell out of that outfit!