Sunday, September 16, 2007

When Life Gives You Lemons...Go Shopping!

I've had a pretty hellish week and felt that I deserved some new stuff. I haven't been shopping since FOREVER and I may have went a little overboard this friday. I spent about three quarters of my check in a little under three hours. Now I'm a shopping pro so I very rarely get buyers remorse, but after I figured out that I spent 60 hours worth of work in 3 hours I got a little lightheaded. Now I'm looking at all my new purchases with the evil eye and I'm seriously considering returning them. The only problem with returning them is that I love them all and I really don't see how I can live life without them. Let me explain...

My first fabulous new piece is a psychadelic looking dress (read tunic), that is so short that if I was ever photographed in it I would be posted on DaddyLikey's Don't Showcha Your Chocha Series. Don't judge me...I like to get trampy on the weekends.

I also purchased a pair of black mary jane pumps that clearly I can't return because they bring back sweet memories of my favorite Junior High outfit. They also resembele the Manolo version so much that even Carrie Bradshaw would be fooled.


Yes. I know. They are glorious.


I bought a black wrap dress that's conservative enough to wear to work but sexy enough that the cute paralegal down the hall has no choice but to ask me out for lunch.


I went into Macy's and bought this silver Kathy Van Zeeland hobo. Now I know what you guys are thinking, Kathy bags are so gaudy and obnoxious. That is not the case with my Kathy bag. My Kathy bag is slightly ostentatious but still tasteful. It's expressive without being loud. Here is a picture of it's black cousin who is not nearly as cute...


The black isn't very photogenic, but trust me when I say that the silver is a dream!

I also bought a another dress, two more pairs of shoes, and some jeans that aren't really worth explaining but are all special in their own ways. I don't want to return any of these items because...well who cares why. I NEED clothes. I never have anything to wear and I feel that I was entitled to some retail therapy. NOTHING is going back!

Thanks for your time though.

kisses and cupcakes=)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Retail therapy huh?!?! I ain't mad at cha miss shopping pro.

SistaSocialite said...

Those shoes are NICE!

Reminds me of a time when I went shopping LOL. I think it's time to bring out my checkbook and shop till i drop again lol

E2Deep said...

You know what? I can honesty say for a man such as myself a "manly man" lol. I shop every weekend...I've decide to clam down after I notice I was spending $500 in 2 days. I shop a Bloomingdale so you know only 1 item could be $500.

PS Yeah "+ Presents count" lol

Unknown said...

The bag is good..I love those shoes than the bag.Good heels.